Utah’s Oldest Golf Course
Forest Dale was built in 1906 as the Salt Lake Country Club and holds the distinction of being the oldest golf course in Utah. Forest Dale has undergone several phases of renovation since the City acquired the course in 1935. A major redesign in 1986 maintained the tradition while transporting the course into a contemporary test of golf. Today, it’s a challenging course with several small, original table-top greens that place a premium on accuracy.
Book a Tee Time
Starting on November 1, 2021, Salt Lake City Public Utilities will begin working on a major project that may affect golf course routing and operations at Forest Dale golf course.
We expect to have all nine holes open, but holes 1 and 2 may be shortened to avoid interfering with the project or putting workers at risk. Until the project is complete in the spring of 2022, we will be discounting all green fees by $2.
Project updates will be posted on this page.
- Merchandise and equipment
- Practice greens and short range
- Cafe and meeting room
- Motorized rental cars
- Rental push carts
- Golf Boards
- Handicap cart – provide 24 hour notice
The Forest Dale Men’s League on Plays Tuesdays. Call 801-483-5420 or email Steve Elliott (email@example.com) for more information
2022 Information Coming Soon!
- Community: The Forest Dale Ladies Golf League is on Facebook. Members can request to join the League group here. League email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2021 Officers:
- Perri Babalis: President
- Julie Morriss: Vice President
- Lorraine Mayne: Secretary/Treasurer
- Jacque Jensen and Donna Reid: Tournament Co-Chairs
- Michelle Jensen and Judy Hollberg: Handicap Co-Chairs
- Tracey Dean: Social Chairperson
2375 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
Head Professional: Steve Elliott
Superintendent: Bill Echternkamp | Assistant Superintendent: Darrell Valburg
Course Opened: 1906 | Course Designer: William Bell
Course Records: Competitive, 27 – Lynn Landgren | Regular, 59 (18 holes) – Lynn Landgren